Here we aim to give you as much information and guidance as we can, to help you support your child’s learning at home.
Please remember, you can always contact your child’s class teacher if you require any more support.
Parents Meeting - 08.09.22 - Phonics and Reading
Key Information from the Parents Meeting – Phonics and Reading
- Your child needs to read their decodable reading book 4 times.
- Pupils will come home with a new decodable reading book on Day 5 of the teaching sequence. Their book will only be changed on Day 5, we will not change books during the rest of the week. Day 5 is not necessarily Friday!
- Pupils in Reception will receive a picture book first. This book is designed to start a discussing about a story. What is happening in the picture? What are they doing? What do you think might happen next?
- Pupils will also receive a ‘Reading for Pleasure’ book. This will be their choice of book – fiction, non-fiction or poetry! – and this book is for them to read or for you to share together.
- Any reading that pupils complete at home can be recorded in their Reading Record. This can reading their decodable book, sharing stories together with you, or reading their favourite magazine or fact book. We want all of our pupils to enjoy reading and see themselves as ‘readers’.
Parent Video - 22.09.22 - Home Learning
We have created a video for your reference, explaining our expectations for your child’s home learning. There is also the presentation itself for you to download, and the spelling techniques poster.
To find more information on how to support your child when practising their Maths Planet Booklet, please click here.
Year 6 SATS Parents' Workshop
Here’s the PowerPoint from the Year 6 Parents’ Workshop about the SATS.