OFSTED REPORT STRATFORD SUB CASTLE
Our OFSTED Report 2017 says ….
This is a good school
- The headteacher and deputy headteacher form a strong and effective leadership team. They have ensured that the school has improved since the previous inspection.
- The governing body has an in-depth knowledge of the school. It works closely with school leaders to produce well-focused plans for school improvement. Governors challenge school leaders effectively on all areas of school improvement.
- Parents are delighted with the education their children receive. Teachers and pupils are justifiably proud of the school.
- The quality of teaching is good. Teachers plan and teach interesting lessons. Consequently, pupils enjoy their learning and pay attention well. Teachers closely monitor their pupils’ progress and give extra help to those who need to catch up.
- Pupils are now making faster progress than at the time of the previous inspection. However, progress in mathematics is still not sufficiently rapid for some pupils. In addition, not enough of the most able pupils are reaching the highest standards in reading.
- Leaders and governors use additional funding effectively to support the achievement of disadvantaged pupils.
- Pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities are well supported and make good progress from their starting points.
- Children in the Reception class get off to a good start. Well-planned activities ensure that they enjoy their learning and are well prepared for Year 1.
- Pupils’ good behaviour and positive attitudes to learning are a strength of the school. Pupils are friendly and considerate towards adults and each other.
- Pupils feel safe. Parents have confidence that their children are well looked after. Bullying and bad behaviour are extremely rare