Ethos & Values
We are 'Team Stratford' a Church of England Primary School
Our vision: Life in all its fullness
Our values: Peace, Love and Joy
Our school ethos is founded on the Christian values of
PEACE, LOVE and JOY.
These values underpin everything we do. Our ethos is one where people are valued for their ‘uniqueness’. This means, that as individuals and as a community, we are able to flourish and live ‘life in all its fullness’.
Our curriculum has been designed to fuel ASPIRATION and ACHIEVEMENT and to foster the CELEBRATION of success in all its forms!
Our school aims are to:
- ensure that each person knows they are valued and supported, so that they can achieve their full potential; spiritual, emotional, social, physical and intellectual, in an ethos of Christian peace, love and joy
- broaden horizons and promote aspiration
- serve the whole community and warmly welcome children and their families whatever their faith, culture or means
- fuel and sustain every person’s love of learning
- provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment so that each pupil has the opportunity to achieve and acquire skills and knowledge required for life now and in the future in a meaningful way
- create an active, positive and purposeful learning environment where effort, progress and attainment are encouraged, recognised and celebrated.
PEACE LIKE A RIVER * LOVE LIKE AN OCEAN * JOY LIKE A FOUNTAIN
The DfE has reinforced the need “to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.”
The Government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy, and these values were reiterated in 2021. These values are:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of Different Faiths and Beliefs
For information regarding the day-to-day implementation of these values please see the Promoting British Values Statement and other relevant documents. These documents can be found on the Policies section of the website.