We are ‘Team Stratford’…
a Church of England Primary School
Our vision: LIFE IN ALL ITS FULLNESS
Our values: PEACE, LOVE and JOY
Our mission: To be a beacon of inclusive excellence, providing a balanced and broadly based education; producing confident, resilient, tolerant and enthusiastic young people who live and work well with others and who know and live out their rights and responsibilities as global citizens.
Our school aims are to:
- ensure that each person knows they are valued and supported, so that they can reach their full potential; spiritual, emotional, social, physical and intellectual, in an ethos of Christian love, peace and joy
- serve the whole community and warmly welcome children and their families whatever their faith, culture or means
- fuel and sustain every child’s love of learning
- provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment so that each pupil has the opportunity to achieve and acquire skills and knowledge required for life now and in the future in a meaningful way
- create an active, positive and purposeful learning environment where effort, progress and attainment are encouraged, recognised and celebrated.
PEACE LIKE A RIVER * LOVE LIKE AN OCEAN * JOY LIKE A FOUNTAIN
The DfE has reinforced the need “to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.”
The Government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy, and these values were reiterated in 2021. These values are:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of Different Faiths and Beliefs
For information regarding the day-to-day implementation of these values please see the Promoting British Values Statement and other relevant documents. These documents can be found on the Policies section of the website.
Our curriculum is unique because of our historical and geographical location, as well as the wonderful natural environment in and around the school. These enhance and drive our curriculum.
Although we are socially diverse, we are not culturally diverse. We want to develop our curriculum to increasingly extend our pupils’ horizons and help them to know about and understand that the village of Stratford-sub-Castle, the city of Salisbury and the county of Wiltshire are part of a much, much bigger world. A world, which is ever more connected and interconnected.
Our commitment to learning is to make it:
ACTIVE and RELEVANT
For more information about our curriculum, please go to the ‘Curriculum‘ section of this website.