Life in all its fullness
Our school ethos is based on Christian and British values and provides our pupils with a strong moral, spiritual and emotional framework upon which to build their lives.
Our school ethos means we are …
- a place where children learn in a meaningful way and lead fulfilling lives in the present (e.g. now as a 9- year- old or a 5- year- old)
- a place where children learn in a meaningful way and are prepared to lead fulfilling lives in the future, aware of their rights and responsibilities as a citizen of the UK and the world
- a place where children are prepared for their launch into the big wide world motivated to continue learning, confident enough to be themselves, resilient to knock-backs and able to recognise and grasp all of life’s wonderful opportunities
- a place where, by respecting our differences and caring for each other, we show the world how humanity can live in harmony
- a community based on positivity, where problems are solved by talking, and rewards and opportunities are available to all
- a place where parents and families feel welcomed and valued
- a school where EVERY CHILD MATTERS is not just a catch-phrase but a TRUTH
As a Church of England School we aim ….
- to ensure that each child knows they are valued and supported, so that they can reach their full potential; spiritual, emotional, social, physical and intellectual, in an ethos of Christian love, tolerance and understanding
- to serve the whole community and warmly welcome children and their families whatever their faith, culture or means
- to provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment so that each pupil has the opportunity to achieve and acquire skills and knowledge required for life now and in the future
- to promote a positive and purposeful environment where effort, progress and attainment are encouraged, rewarded and celebrated.
To achieve our aims we foster the following Christian values:
PEACE — LOVE — JOY
We serve the whole community and welcome children and their families whatever their faith or belief. We join together in an act of worship on a daily basis – any child may be withdrawn from this at parental request.
Every year, we gather together in the Church for a Harvest Festival, Christmas Carol Service, Easter Service and Leavers’ Service. All families are warmly invited to join us. (See School Calendar for dates and times)
We meet as a whole school community on a weekly basis. Friday’s “Smiley Face Assembly” is a chance for us all to celebrate the achievements of the week. Join children, parents, grandparents, younger siblings, governors and staff at 9:05am every Friday morning!