School reopens for all pupils on Thursday 3rd September 2020. Lessons start at 09:00. Children are to arrive between 08:40 and 08:55 in an allotted time slot. Drop-off and collection times are staggered – only one adult should drop-off/collect.
We are following the specific guidance set out by the DFE for the return of Primary Schools:
- All pupils are expected to attend school and wear school uniform.
- Classes are back to their full size and format (with minimal mixing).
- There are three arrival times (with siblings arriving at the same time) and everyone in school by 09:00.
- Adults dropping off children in the morning are not be allowed beyond the school gate, but we hope older children can walk from the car by themselves.
- There are staggered pick-up at the end of the day (with everyone leaving at or just after 15:00) Adults may come onto the school site at this time.
- Classes enter / leave the school building by different doors.
- Breaks and lunchtimes are staggered.
- Hot meals are available.
- Early Birds and Night Owls is taking place. (In the school hall to allow for social distancing)
- After school clubs are not taking place.
- Whole school assemblies (Collective Worship) are not taking place.
- Everyone is expected to follow good respiratory hygiene. (We have bins with lids to allow for catch it, bin it, kill it!)
Arrive according to your child’s surname.
08:40 = A to G
08:45 = H to N
08:50 = O to Z
Dropping off children…
- Keep to allocated time slot.
- One adult to drop-off and pick-up pupils (Drop-off at kerb if pupils are old enough or if younger, bring to gate and ‘hand-over’ to staff).
- Maintain and respect social distancing.
- Leave the area immediately following drop-off.
Make sure you do not park on the zig-zag lines and take great care when pulling in and when you leave. Take care of ALL OUR CHILDREN! The Reading Room carpark is available! Park and walk from there. This is a broad plan to spread out the arrival times. If for some reason you miss your time slot please get to school when you can, but before 09:00.
- Enter using the allocated gate/ door, we are there to support and guide
- Use hand gel on hands on entering the classroom.
Meet up and leave the school site immediately according to your child’s surname. Meet with the younger child first and we will steer your other children in the right direction.
15:00 = A to G
15:05 = H to N
15:10 = O to Z
- One adult to pick-up pupils (meet with children out of school, if you are happy to allow them to walk independently to you) Please inform the school in writing, an e-mail will do!
- Exit using the using the main gate and adhere to the one way system
- Maintain and respect social distancing
- Exit using the main gate and adhere to the one way system
- Maintain social distancing whilst leaving the school
ENTRY AND EXIT OF SCHOOL SITE
|CLASS||GATE IN||DOOR IN||GATE OUT||DOOR OUT||ADULT WAITING AREA|
|Butterfly||MAIN||BACK GATE NEAR GARDEN||MAIN||HALL SIDE DOOR ONTO BIG PLAYGROUND – BACK||BOTTOM OF BIG PLAYGROUND|
|Owl||SMALL||GATE NEAR OUTDOOR CLASSROOM||MAIN||GATE NEAR OUTDOOR CLASSROOM||OUTDOOR CLASSROOM AND NEAR BIKE SHED FENCE.|
|Woodpecker||MAIN||GLASS HOUSE DOOR||MAIN||HALL SIDE DOOR ONTO BIG PLAYGROUND||BIG PLAYGROUND (MIDDLE)|
|Fox||SMALL||FOX SIDE DOOR (DOWN STEPS)||MAIN||FOX SIDE DOOR (DOWN STEPS)||OUTSIDE SCHOOL OR SMALL PLAYGROUND|
|Robin||MAIN||GLASS HOUSE DOOR||MAIN||GLASS HOUSE DOOR||OUTSIDE SCHOOL OR BIG PLAYGROUND NEAR CARPARK|
There is a one- way system at the end of the day. Staff will point you in the right direction!
BREAKS AND LUNCH
|Butterfly||10:25 – 10:44||11:45 – 12:30|
|Fox||10:45- 11:05||12:30 – 13:15|
Hot meals are ordered on the day, in each classroom. If payment is required, please pay via Parentpay.
All pupils in EYFS, Y1 and Y2 pupils may have a Universal Free School Meal cooked on the premises.
EARLY BIRDS AND NIGHT OWLS – in the school hall
Early Birds and Night Owls takes place in the hall. In the morning please feel free to escort children to the hall via the main big playground, if you feel they require supervision.
If you are collecting children from Night Owls please do so via the big playground.
Children will spend as much time as possible outdoors. Please ensure they have suitable clothing for the weather conditions!
Things to remember and be aware of…
Children need to bring:
- Snack and drinks for the day including a water bottle (named please- also note the water fountains are closed)
- PE kit (named in a named bag)
- Book bag for reading book (school will provide a clear plastic zipper if required).
- If possible, children should bring a small pencil case (Y3 – Y6) so that we can minimize the sharing of equipment.
Important things to note…
- If you need to pass any messages, please call or e-mail the school office (01722 327227 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If any child displays symptoms of Coronavirus they will be sent home immediately. While they are waiting to be collected, they will be isolated with adult supervision. If your child is unwell for any reason, please phone the school as usual and let us know if they are displaying any COVID 19 symptoms.
Uniform (our team colours)
We rely on you, as parents, to ensure that your child wears the school uniform. Children really dislike being different and enjoy feeling part of the “Stratford Team”!
The required school uniform is as follows:
White polo shirt or collared shirt or
Grey or black trousers or shorts / grey or black pinafore dress or skirt
Blue / white checked / striped dress or skirt (summer/ hot weather)
We encourage the wearing of grey, black or white socks, or dark tights.
Children are encouraged to wear appropriate warm clothing for outdoor PE sessions in cold weather – this does not need to be school colours, just warm!
Shoes and clothes must be practical and safe.
Plain white t. shirt or school logo white t. shirt
Plain dark shorts or black leggings
Track suit (in cold spells)
Plimsolls / trainers
Swimming (Yrs. 4 and 5): Trunks or full costume (bikinis are not allowed), Towel
It is absolutely essential that all clothes are labelled. It is also essential that each child has a drawstring bag, clearly named, in which to keep his or her P.E. Kit. All uniform is checked for names at the beginning of each term.
A ‘Lost Property Basket’ is located in the ‘Glass House’ entrance in the new block. We try to return named items to the owner and not put them in the basket.
School Uniform with Stratford-sub-Castle Primary Logo
A supply of school sweatshirts and other items is available for purchase from the school office. A full price list / order form is available from the school office.
Please, please NAME your child’s clothing and belongings!
Children should be smart, clean and safe at all times.
Hair: Long hair must be tied back for health and safety reasons. This is essential during PE lessons but is encouraged in all activities.
Jewellery: Pupils may wear watches and a small pair of studs for pierced ears (in ear lobes only). Nose studs and other types of body piercing are not allowed. No other jewellery is allowed. In order to comply with L.A. Health and Safety guidelines, pupils are required to remove earrings for PE activities. If children cannot remove them, they are asked to cover them with tape.
Make-up: The Governors believe that any form of make-up or hair colouring is inappropriate for this age group. Nail varnish may not be worn.