We are a Church of England Primary School
Our mission is to promote LIFE IN ALL ITS FULLNESS (John 10:10)
Our values are PEACE, LOVE and JOY
Our commitment to learning is to make it ACTIVE and RELEVANT
As a Church of England School we believe that all children are loved by God, are individually unique and that the school has a mission to help each pupil to fulfil their potential in all aspects of their personhood: physically, academically, socially, morally and spiritually. Our aim is that all may flourish and have an abundant life. We recognise our duty to try to remove any factor that might represent a hindrance to a child’s fulfilment. We want all pupils to willingly engage in learning in a safe and welcoming environment.
This vision offers human flourishing for all, one that embraces excellence and academic rigour, but sets them in a wider framework. There are four basic elements that run through the whole approach. Together they form an ‘ecology’ of the fullness of life, each in interplay with all the others. The four basic elements are:
- Wisdom, Knowledge and Skills
- Hope and Aspiration
- Community and Living Well Together
- Dignity and Respect
Our school ethos is based on Christian and British values and provides our pupils with a strong moral, spiritual and emotional framework upon which to build their lives.
Our school ethos means we are …
- a place where children learn in a meaningful way and lead fulfilling lives in the present (e.g. now as a 9- year- old or a 5- year- old)
- a place where children are aware of their rights and responsibilities as a citizen of the UK and the world
- a place where children are prepared for their launch into the big wide world; motivated to continue learning, confident enough to be themselves, resilient to knock-backs and able to recognise and grasp all of life’s wonderful opportunities
- a place where, by respecting our differences and caring for each other, we show the world how humanity can live in harmony
- a community based on love, joy and peace, where problems are solved by talking and people are recognised for their strengths and helped to build up their weaknesses
- a place where parents and families feel welcomed and valued
- a school where we all live life in all its fullness!
As a Church of England School we aim ….
- ensure that each child knows they are valued and supported, so that they can reach their full potential; spiritual, emotional, social, physical and intellectual, in an ethos of Christian love, peace and joy
- serve the whole community and warmly welcome children and their families whatever their faith, culture or means
- fuel and sustain every child’s love of learning
- provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment so that each pupil has the opportunity to achieve and acquire skills and knowledge required for life now and in the future in a meaningful way
- create an active, positive and purposeful learning environment where effort, progress and attainment are encouraged, recognised and celebrated
PEACE LIKE A RIVER
LOVE LIKE AN OCEAN
JOY LIKE A FOUNTAIN
We serve the whole community and welcome children and their families whatever their faith or belief. We join together in an act of worship on a daily basis – any child may be withdrawn from this at parental request.
The DfE has reinforced the need “to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.”
The Government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy, and these values were reiterated in 2014. These values are:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of Different Faiths and Beliefs
For information regarding the day-to-day implementation of these values please see the Promoting British Values Statement and other relevant documents. These documents can be found on the Policies section of the website.