*** CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION – Letter to parents regarding CORONAVIRUS***
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Stratford-sub-Castle Church of England Primary School. A school which is a lovely place to be. This is not just because of the idyllic countryside surrounding it, but because of the special people who make up the school’s community. You are warmly invited to come in and look around. Just call in to the office or telephone to make an appointment and I will be delighted to show you round the school personally.
All schools are different and finding the right one for your child can be a daunting task. At our school, children learn and flourish in a setting shaped by Christian & British values. It is important to us to develop your child not only as a successful learner, but as a rounded person in their own right. Your child’s aesthetic, cultural, mental, moral, physical, emotional and spiritual development is of paramount importance to us.
Whether you are a prospective parent or a long-standing member of our school community, this prospectus will give you a flavour of things and provide you with some useful information about how our school is organised. It will also introduce you to the various staff members who work at Stratford. I am proud to be the Headteacher leading such a dedicated team, a team, committed to working with you to provide the best chances for your child. A team who really like children! A team, who despite the ups and downs of education, really enjoy their jobs!
I love my job because I feel that our learning community is:
- a place where children learn in a meaningful way and lead fulfilling lives in the present (e.g. now as a 9- year- old or a 5- year- old)
- a place where children learn in a meaningful way and are prepared to lead fulfilling lives in the future, aware of their rights and responsibilities as a citizen of the UK and the world
- a place where children are prepared for their launch into the big wide world motivated to continue learning, confident enough to be themselves, resilient to knock-backs and able to recognise and grasp all of life’s wonderful opportunities
- a place where, by respecting our differences and caring for each other, we show the world how humanity can live in harmony
- a community based on positivity, where problems are solved by talking, and rewards and opportunities are available to all
- a place where parents and families feel welcomed and valued
- a school where EVERY CHILD MATTERS is not just a catch-phrase but a TRUTH
My team and I want your child to be happy and to learn. We want all our pupils to be happy and to learn. We believe:
- in providing a wide range of balanced learning opportunities for each child
- every moment of the school day provides a chance to learn something new
- that sports, music,drama, charity events, competitions run by community organisations, trips etc all provide invaluable opportunities for each child to develop in a rounded way, enhances school life and helps to motivate a child to learn
- in actively rewarding progress and attainment
- that positive behaviour as well as academic success should be rewarded
- our school ethos based on Christian & British values provides our pupils with a strong moral, spiritual and emotional framework upon which to build their lives
- happy children learn better!
In our efforts to achieve the School Aims, the staff and I rely heavily on parents for co-operation and support. Parents are always welcome at Stratford, whether simply for a quick chat, to help with cooking or to listen to children read. Your involvement is valued. It is a team effort and your child will benefit when we work together.
We do not claim to be perfect! Things may get bumpy along the way. Misunderstandings may happen and mistakes may be made. Hopefully we can work together and show our children how problems can be resolved by discussion and teamwork! Please contact me if you ever have any questions, concerns or worries – that is what I am here for!
Your child is precious. YOU want the best for them. WE want the best for them. We view our school as a “launch pad”. Let’s work together to help your child really “take off”!
Kay Bridson, Headteacher.
Our prospectus can be viewed online or downloaded. If you would like a paper copy please contact the office.
If you would like to arrange a visit to our school please contact our admin team on 01722 327227 who will be happy to accommodate you.
Headteacher – Mrs Kay Bridson
Deputy Head (& SENCo) – Mrs Justine Watkins
Class Organisation 2015 / 2016
|Butterfly Class:||Year R & Year 1||Mrs J. Watkins|
|Woodpecker Class:||Year 1 & Year 2||Miss J. Robinson|
|Badger Class:||Year 2 & Year 3||Mrs M. Williams|
|Robin Class:||Year 4 & Year 5||Miss H. Crook|
|Kestrel Class:||Year 5 & Year 6||Mrs S. Wareham|